Opera lets you surf the Internet in a safer, faster, and easier way. One of the most full-featured Internet power tools on the market, it includes pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, integrated searches, and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking E-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. You can customize the look and content of your browser with a few clicks of the mouse.
Opera is known as the fastest and smallest full-featured browser, a first choice for people using older PCs and Windows 95 and a brilliant alternative to the default IE from Microsoft. Opera, first of all, is client World Wide Web, that is the program for extraction of the information from WWW as the ********s created with help Hyper**** Markup ******** (******** of a marking of hyper**** HTML).
Low requirements to resources of system. Opera will work even on 386 computer about 6 MB of operative memory. MDI the interface. You can open without special expenses of memory any quantity of windows inside one working window, having chosen thus a tabulared or cascade mode.
Opera started out as a research project in Norway's largest telecom company, Telenor, in 1994, and branched out into an independent development company named Opera Software ASA in 1995. Opera Software develops the Opera Web browser, a high-quality, multi-platform product for a wide range of platforms, operating systems and embedded Internet products.
Simplify your life online
• Speed Dial. Typing addresses for sites you visit frequently is ineffective. Get your favorite Web page with just one click. Speed Dial is a set of visual bookmarks you see when you open a new tab, like a dashboard for your online life. To add a new page, simply click on an empty Speed Dial and Opera will make suggestions based on browsing history and bookmarks.
• Mouse Gestures. With Opera you can navigate the Web with your mouse. A mouse gesture is performed while clicking and holding the right mouse button and moving the mouse in an easy pattern. Perform movements with the mouse to access well-known features like «Back», «Forward» and «Open new tab». Like Opera's keyboard shortcuts, mouse gestures are fully customizable, so you can tailor them any way you want.
• Download Manager with BitTorrent. Download files quicker with Opera. Opera starts downloading as soon as you've saved the file, so there’s no wasted time. Pause and resume downloads with the push of a button, and choose multiple files to download simultaneously without any fuss. Opera also features built-in support for the social file distribution protocol, BitTorrent, which makes it easy to download Torrent files without the need for a separate application.
Master your information
• Tabs and Sessions. Opera is very light on your computer, so it’s possible to have many tabs open at once. Drag and drop tabs around to change their order, or get a preview pausing over them with your mouse. You can even save a session of tabs for later, making it easy to pick up where you left off.
• Content blocking. Block images, pop-ups, and plug-ins you don't want . Right-click and choose “Block content” to selectively disable annoying elements. To make Web pages load faster, or to avoid offensive content, temporarily turn off images by pressing the image button. In Opera, smart pop-up blocking is turned on by default.
• Zoom and Fit to width. Is it difficult to read the content on a page? Use Opera’s Zoom button in the lower right corner to resize Web pages. If the page is too wide for your screen, simply hit “Fit to Width” and Opera will resize the Web page so you avoid horizontal scrolling.
• Built-in e-mail and newsfeeds. Opera's built-in e-mail client features improved responsiveness. It also retrieves and searches your mail and news feeds even faster than before. In Opera, newsfeeds are stored on your computer so you can read them later, even when you're offline. Easily tag articles so you know which ones you want to read, which ones are important, which ones are funny, etc.
Personalize your browsing experience
• Customize your browser. Opera is easily customizable. Choose among hundreds of skins and setups, add or remove buttons, toolbars, or change the entire layout of the browser. It’s easy to do… or undo.
• Add a Widget to your life. Widgets are small Web applications (multimedia, newsfeeds, games and more) that make your desktop experience more fun and useful. Use the Widgets menu to discover new widgets and access your favorites. Visit widgets.opera.com to learn more.
• Quick and customizable Web search. Get quick access to Google, eBay, Amazon and more with the search field in the upper right corner. Or even quicker, search directly in the address bar using built-in and customizable keywords. For example, type "g Opera" in the address bar to search for “Opera” with Google. You can also create your own Web search from any search field on the Internet, simply by right clicking on a search field and choosing “Create Search”.
Changes in in Opera 10.70 Build 3477 Development Snapshot:
* DSK-236194 (yahoo.cn mailproviders SMTP entry does not use submission port)
* DSK-265492 (Sender name in mail view area is taken from contact list rather than the From header)
* DSK-271885 (Tracking of which of the default Speed Dials are removed)
* DSK-286882 (Show Properties dialog and informational message when trying to bookmark page that is already bookmarked)
* DSK-290437 (No error message on widget installation customization dialog if widget name is too long)
* DSK-292617 (HTML5 Video stops playing after right clicking and saving file to local disk)
* DSK-294443 (In Mail Tab, when i cliking on any folder - incoming or sent - Opera crashes)
* DSK-298929 (Zoom menu appears too high on the screen when enabling the menu bar)
* DSK-300559 (Opera freezes when you try to change the URL while viewing a PDF having start bar enabled)
* DSK-301560 (opera:help not in auto-complete list)
* DSK-302065 (The "Searches" string in Opera Link is confusing)
* DSK-303021 (Crash on page with certificate)
* DSK-303102 (No bookmarks shown in bookmarks manager after restart)
* DSK-303210 (Cannot clear previous search from drop-down menu)
* DSK-303369 (Vertical scrollbar in advanced preferences due to new local storage section)
* DSK-304060 (Crash when adding a contact to the personal bar)
* DSK-304177 (No tooltips when hovering Speed Dials)
* DSK-304377 (Crash when downloading files from Links panel)
* DSK-304435 (wrong ID for Teszvesz search in Hungarian search.ini)
* DSK-304463 (Search URL for Taobao is wrong)
* DSK-304540 (Yandex search suggestions don't work)
* DSK-307168 (Tooltip string when the turbo button is disabled)
* DSK-308559 (hotmail.co.uk should be added to mailproviders.xml)
* DSK-308722 (FastMail domains missing from mailproviders.xml)
* DSK-302708 (Downloading Voice with MemGuard causes Opera to crash)
* DSK-306318 (Voice download dialog goes behind the preference dialog)
* DSK-306319 (Opera initiates multiple voice plug-in downloads)
WARNING: This is a development snapshot of Opera. It is released for testing purposes, and there may be serious bugs and unfinished features.